Accelerate Your Data Scientist Transition With One-On-One Consulting, 12X Live, Real-Time Classes & An Intimate Accountability Group
Here’s Just Some Of What You Get Access To When You Become A Data Scientist Acceleration Key Member…
The Data Scientist Acceleration Key Provides Support for PhDs Who Want To Transition Into A Data Science Role But Are Facing Special Challenges, Including…
- PhDs who need more accountability. You know what you need to do, at least in part, but you can’t find the time to do it. Some days you make progress and many other days you don’t. You need daily accountability and live, real-time intensive help to finally get hired as a Data Scientist. In short, you need a mentor who has already transitioned into a Data Scientist role.
- PhDs who’ve hit a sticking point. You’ve tried to follow the Data Scientist Syndicate (DSS) methodology, but you’re not getting the traction you’d like in your Data Scientist job search.
- PhDs with a rare academic background. While other PhDs come from a background that provides direct Data Science experience, you chose a specialized, less-popular focus for your research. You feel that this creates additional hurdles in your Data Scientist job search that other DSS members may not face.
- PhDs located in a remote geographic area. You don’t reside in Silicon Valley, London, Cambridge-Boston or similar. Instead, you work in a less-populated area. As a result, effective networking and/or landing a position in your region seems complex or even impossible.
- PhDs facing a make it or break it situation. You’re unemployed or about to be unemployed. Or, you’re about to enter your first phone screen, site visit, or pivotal data science interview. You realize that the outcome of this event can either accelerate your transition or, alternatively, lengthen your stay in academia.
- PhDs who had a painful academic experience. Your academic environment fostered discouragement, perfectionism, cynicism, and/or imposter syndrome. Gaining back your confidence has been a struggle, and your transition has suffered because of it.
- PhDs who are in a time crunch. You’re attempting to faithfully work your way through the Data Scientist materials. But due to your postdoc research or graduation schedule, you’re having to rush your Data Scientist Syndicate homework and not getting the results you were hoping for.
- PhDs who’ve experienced a crushing disappointment. You thought you were one step away from starting your dream Data Scientist job. But that final interview fell through…or that job offer never materialized.
- PhDs who need a Visa. You’re finding that it’s tough to secure opportunities because of your Visa situation. To land that Data Science position, you’re realizing you need extra help in terms of accountability, confidence, creativity, and discipline.
The Data Scientist Acceleration Key Provides Increased Access To Our Data Scientist Consultants And The Cheeky Scientist Team
The Data Scientist Acceleration Key gives you intimate, one-on-one access to active Data Scientist in industry who are trained as Cheeky Scientist consultants.
Every week, you’ll turn in your Data Scientist Acceleration Key training workbooks. Then, the team will walk through your workbook answers in real time during our live, real-time classes.
You’ll also get access to an advanced, one-of-a-kind intimate intimate accountability group hosted on WhatsApp (called our Data Scientist Acceleration Group), you’ll have another channel for accessing our team of consultants and asking us questions.
Thanks to the Data Scientist Acceleration Key system, you’ll get personalized feedback and data that will accelerate your Data Scientist job search and ensure you overcome your unique sticking points.
The key to accelerating your transition into a Data Scientist role is ACCOUNTABILITY & MENTORSHIP. Lack of accountability and personalized mentorship from an actual Data Scientist in real-time is what is keeping you from getting hired.
The American Society of Training and Development found that people are 65 percent likely to meet a goal after committing to another person. Their chances of success increase to 95 percent when they build in ongoing meetings with their partners to check in on their progress.
Currently, the Data Scientist Syndicate (DSS) gives you the knowledge you need to transition into a data science role…as well as a support network thanks to our private group.
It’s helpful to browse the materials in your DSS dashboard and interact with other DSS members online.
But that isn’t the same thing as real-time, intensive classes built for intimate accountability and mentorship.
The DSS membership doesn’t include personalized mentorship or formalized structure to hold you accountable to your data science job search strategy. You can work through all the materials…or you can stop in the middle of Module 1.
This autonomy might work fine for some PhDs…but it may be less than ideal for others.
In fact, research indicates that having a mentor to hold you accountable increases your chances of turning your objectives into reality. Thus, accelerating your goals – like getting into a top Data Scienctist position.
Here are some details on how the program is designed to help you take ownership of your job search.
An Overview Of The Layers Of Support You’ll Receive With The Data Scientist Acceleration Key
Live, Real-Time Intensive Classes With Our Team Of Data Scientists
- Discover data that informs your job search efforts. The Data Scientist Acceleration Key gives you an opportunity to be on live classes with our team. These calls aren’t pre-recorded sessions or webinars. Instead, you’ll have the opportunity to listen to our consultants cover relevant topics for data scientists in real-time.
- Stay accountable. Enjoy a structure for implementing key transition activities. The classes will include instruction—as well as homework you need to complete.
- Get a behind the scenes look at the current data science job market. As a PhD looking to transition into an industry position, you probably wish you had a deeper understanding of the job market. Data Scientist Acceleration Key will give you access to this information to bolster your job search efforts. Team Cheeky closely monitors data on the job market for tops Data Scientist positions, and we will share these data with you in the classes. We might discuss new trends we are seeing worldwide, a relevant merger/acquisition, and any other piece of data that might help you accelerate your job search.
- Generate fresh ideas for your transition. If your job search is unusually challenging, you might need help thinking outside of the box. Take advantage of the 12x personalized classes to find creative ways to move forward. During the calls, you may learn about a job search strategy that is a great fit for your situation, job opportunities that just opened up, or even an innovation that might create new opportunities for someone in your position.
Personalized One-On-One Consulting & Accountability Documents
- Establish your specific goals and the next steps you want to take in your Data Scientist transition and identify the obstacles you are facing during your job search by filling out the intake form. This will help you come up with a personalized road map that you will follow during the program.
- The form will also provide our team of consultants with detailed information about your specific situation and how we can help you overcome your roadblocks and get your job search back on track.
- With this information, we will have a better idea of where to focus our attention during the weekly classes led by a Senior Data Scientist.
Personalized “Next Session” Training Workbooks Read By A Senior Data Scientist.
- Use the “Next Session” training workbooks to record the measurable actions you want to accomplish in between sessions and the accomplishment you achieved in the last session. This will help track your progress. More importantly, it will help you establish achievable, short-term goals that will add up to your long-term goal of becoming a top Data Scientist. These are the keys to being accountable.
- During the 12X live, real-time classes with our team, including a leading industry Data Scientists, you will review the Next Training Session workbooks and discuss which next steps are more likely to get tangible results.
- The information recorded in your workbooks will allow our team to provide you personalized advice so you can make the right decisions.
Access To An Intimate Data Scientist Accountability Group Hosted On WhatsApp
- Communicate with our team using a highly popular application WhatsApp. The Data Scientist Acceleration Key gives you access to very intimate private group. You can communicate with our consultants and other Data Scientist Acceleration Key members via this WhatsApp group.
- Receive one check-in each weekday. Our Data Scientist private group is very active and our team and the program leaders posts multiple times each day. However, in our WhatsApp group, Data Scientist Acceleration Key members can receive highly specific career advice daily.
- Enjoy a same-day answer guarantee. When you send us a question on WhatsApp, we will reply to your comments on the same day.
- Interact with a smaller group. Right now, the Data Scientist Syndicate is approaching 1,000 members. While that means more PhDs are getting access to the DSS, it also means the private group is constantly growing. The Data Scientist Acceleration Key offers you a much more intimate group to help hold you accountable to your career goals.
If Your Challenges Seem Bigger Than Your Current Data Science Job Search Knowledge & Confidence, Consider That…
There’s No Cookie-Cutter Data Science Transition
Maybe you know several PhDs who started their first Data Scientist job only a few weeks after joining the Data Scientist Syndicate (DSS).
Maybe your fellow DSS colleagues didn’t experience the challenge of needing an employer-sponsored Visa before they could begin their new positions.
The fact is, there isn’t a cookie-cutter formula for landing your first data science job.
Are there certain common experiences among PhDs? Yes.
Is there only one trajectory for getting a company to recognize your value and hire you? No.
To land that data scientist position, you may benefit from fresh insights, fresh motivation, and fresh confidence. You may want extra help as you seek to find creative solutions. And that’s okay.
Mentorship Will Solve Your Challenges, Even When A Training Dashboard Can’t
When you joined the Data Scientist Syndicate, you chose to say “no” to the status quo of academia and “yes” to a fulfilling data science career. You started taking steps toward getting a paycheck that reflects your value and joining a work environment that leverages your skills.
But let’s face it.
The training in our DSS materials will only take you so far.
Your dashboard isn’t going to spring back from a disappointing interview or successfully navigate other challenges. You will.
It’s your job to put yourself in the best possible position to overcome your obstacles. That means being diligent about working through your training materials. It means rolling up your sleeves to follow up with contacts. It means employing your networking scripts.
No one can do the hard work for you.
What can help is having extra support to stay on track with following the DSS methodology.
It’s Critical To Be Held Accountable To Your Top Priorities
For some PhDs, being diligent isn’t the biggest challenge.
They know that following the DSS methodology is integral to success. Because of this, they might feel the pressure to carefully comb through each resource and re-watch every single video.
But that can be a struggle when you’re working against a ticking clock.
You might have experienced unemployment so long that your window of time to make a data science transition is shrinking. Or you may be engrossed in hours of research, trying to keep your PI happy.
While it’s important to work through your DSS course, it’s also important to be laser-focused on the most important activities for transitioning.
It’s completely understandable if you need help executing your most important activities—as well as additional access to our team to ensure you can accelerate your Data Scientist job search.
Three Reasons To Join The Data Scientist Acceleration Key
Because Your Transition Is a Learning Experience
During your time in academia, perhaps you hit a sticking point in your PhD program. Suddenly, there was a big obstacle in conducting research or in writing your dissertation…and you simply didn’t see a way around your challenges.
At this point—if you had a supportive academic environment—you might have asked for additional help from a fellow PhD, your PI, or your academic advisor.
Your data science transition is a learning experience, too. When you hit a sticking point, it’s only natural to seek extra help.
Think of your DSS membership as your coursework. It provides the knowledge you need to transition into a data science position. Think of the DSS private group as a learning environment where you can get colleagues to weigh in on your challenges.
However …when you encounter an unusual dilemma in the data science job search, you might need increased support.
That’s the point of the Data Scientist Acceleration Key.
Leverage your membership to accelerate your transition. Take advantage of your access to restore your confidence…or get that creative breakthrough you need for addressing a complex challenge.
Because You Don’t Want to Waste Your Data Scientist Syndicate Membership
You made a big commitment and a big investment by joining the Data Scientist Syndicate (DSS).
But if you fail to find time to go through the Syndicate materials…
Or when you don’t hold yourself accountable to completing the calls to action…
You’re effectively wasting your DSS membership.
Be honest with yourself.
Have you truly made an effort to understand the DSS methodology with your training resources?
Are you ensuring that your DSS membership is more than just an online learning program? Do you understand the DSS job search strategy because you’re actually following it yourself?
If your DSS membership is figuratively collecting dust, it’s time to face the facts. It’s time to put accountability in place so you don’t waste your membership.
Because You Need More Personalized Support
You might feel lost in the sea of resources that the DSS provided for you and don’t know where or how to start going through the materials and setting up your specific data science job search strategy.
You might want to discuss your options in a smaller group that can focus on your particular struggles.
With the Data Scientist Acceleration Key, you get a bundle of benefits, including insights and regular check-ins, all within an intimate environment and with experienced data scientists.
The Data Scientist Acceleration Key Helps You Put Your Data Science Job Search Strategy In Place.
The Data Scientist Acceleration Key is a laser-focused program that will give you the tools you need to create a data science job search strategy that works specifically for you.
During the 12X live, real-time and intensive classes, we will give you constant support and will help you take the steps to accelerate your transition.
Call days and times will be determined based on the incoming Data Scientist Acceleration Key cohort. All locations and time zones are welcome and all will be considered.
Our membership allows you to request support based on your needs, your location, and your schedule.
When You Sign Up For The Data Scientist Acceleration Key, You Will Get Additional Layers Of Support That Are Exclusive For You.
You probably know, firsthand, that transitioning into a data science position isn’t an overnight process.
Going from academic postdoc to industry respected data scientist can take months of honing your skills, persistently networking, and aggressively pursuing all opportunities before you.
Securing a data science position takes patience.
In contrast, joining the Data Scientist Acceleration Key gives you access to multiple benefits in a very short time frame.
With the Data Scientist Acceleration Key, there’s a small gap between signing up for our membership and beginning to reap the benefits of our support.
You’ll get same-day answers within WhatsApp.
You’ll get access to a personalized dashboard with never-before-offered resources.
You will get access to the live, real-time classes once the new Data Scientist Acceleration Key cohort starts.
While you’re waiting for your future data science career to materialize, you’ll enjoy regular, responsive support from the Data Scientist consultants and the Cheeky Scientist team to keep you on track.
Here’s the Targeted Training You’ll Receive From The Data Scientist Acceleration Key...
Introduction & Strategic Organization
- Value of meeting in small groups – how this setting can accelerate your data science job search
- Establish data science interests, specific data science positions you’re looking for, and the challenges/obstacles getting to them
- Data Scientist job search strategy spreadsheet – Identify companies you want to work for, identify people who work in those companies, when last connected and when next to connect. Make a spreadsheet –> this is your Data Scientist job search strategy spreadsheet: company, job posting, contact, second contact, last time connected, next time connected – put on your calendar so that you can keep track.
- Goal: to have 3-4 Data Scientist interviews/week
- Company search – search by location, size (small or midsize), company reviews.
- Scripts to connect with current data scientists and streamline into informational interview/referral
- Scripts to get a mutual connection to introduce you to another data scientist on LinkedIn
- Prepare Data Scientist job search strategy excel sheet and prioritize the top 10 companies and contacts to reach out to
- Introductory email scripts to send to data scientists
Data Scientist Network Prioritization & Job Referrals
- Everyone gives update on Data Scientist job search strategy spreadsheet
- Challenge Q&A: how many Data Scientist candidates are uncomfortable reaching out to people?
- Establish why networking is an important aspect of the Data Scientist career track
- How to reach out effectively?
- How to add value to gain a referral?
- Networking scripts
- How to handle “rejections” from networking?
- Reach out to the top 5 data scientists on your spreadsheet and get a reply from at least two of them or reach out to more data scientists as needed until you get 2 replies.
Data Scientist Referral Strategy & Informational Interview Deep Dive
- Everyone gives updates on Data Scientist job search strategy spreadsheets + reaching out to others. Share script for those who rejected the connection request vs successful connection – how to continue adding value to data scientists -> informational interview -> referral
- STAR method – opportunity to tell a convincing story and learn how to do that
- Data Scientist Unique Selling Proposition
- Set up and execute at least one informational interview and record your questions and their answers.
Data Scientist Elevator Pitch Practice & Unique Selling Proposition
- Everyone gives an update on what is their unique selling proposition
- Exercise: Walk Us Through Your Informational Interview
- How does an elevator pitch for a data scientist position look like?
- Elevator pitch incorporating Unique Selling Proposition
Higher Quality Data Scientist LinkedIn Profile
- Everyone practices their elevator pitch + feedback to make it better
- Strategies for impactful Data Scientist LinkedIn profiles
- Headline: job title (Data Scientist), location, skills
- Work experience
- Volunteer experience
- Endorsements and recommendations
- Update LinkedIn profile headline, data science experience, volunteer experience, endorsements & get/give 2 reviews
Data Scientist Resume Updates & Higher Quality Bullet Points
- Everyone has to summarize their LinkedIn profile + feedback
- Update Data Scientist Profile
- Name, contact information
- Data Scientist Professional summary
- Work Experience (relevant to Data Scientist positions)
- Walk through Data Scientist bullet point creation (live examples)
- Update Data Scientist bullets points for Professional Summary & Work Experience Section
Technical Call/Coding Interview Training & Mock Phone Screens
- Everyone summarizes their Data Scientist resume + feedback
- Go over Data Scientist phone screen questions
- Some examples to work on:
- You have XYZ data. How would you solve ABC problem?
- Why is Python useful for solving XYZ problem?
- We collected and cleaned ABC data. What does this mean in terms of our business? What’s actionable?
- And of course these questions:
- Tell me a little bit about yourself and why you’re interested in this Data Scientist position
- Looks like you’ve been in academia for a while, why do you want to leave academia now and do you plan to go back?
- We are opening up a number positions here, are you open to other positions?
- What are your salary expectations?
- Turn your elevator pitch into your unique selling proposition.
- Don’t talk in terms of years of experience unless you have results immediately following
- How to get over the first phone screen “hurdle”?
- Always go back to skills, results and why that company/prepared you to get to this position (STAR)
- Practice the answers to a list of common Data Scientist phone screen questions
Mock Data Science Video Interviews & Behavioral Interview Deep Dive
- Each Data Scientist member practices common phone screen questions (audio only, Zoom video switched off)
- Some behavioral questions to go over: weakness & conflict are the biggest questions – but remember the positive questions too
- How to prepare for and ace behavioral questions
- What are the most common behavioral questions in a job interview?
- How to create strong answers to behavioral questions?
- What to do if you don’t know the answer?
- Why industry interviews rely on behavioral questions to hire top candidates
- Work on the list of behavioral questions and incorporate feedback into respective answers
- Data Scientist 30-60-90 plan
How To Pass The Data Scientist Take Home Exam
- Each Data Scientist Acceleration Key member is given a take home exam designed for them
- Learn how to ask the right questions before jumping into the datasets provided and before starting your analysis
- Prepare your step-by-step approach for the actual exam
- Understand the datasets and process it
- Organize a model and make predictions
- Acing take home assessment by building perfect source code
- Slide deck to present the solution and work done
Data Scientist Portfolio Design
- Each Data Scientist candidate create or improve their own Data Scientist portfolio in “GitHub” and will receive feedback
- Portfolio presentation, do’s and don’ts
- Flow of Data Scientist presentation/slides + target audience
- What is the theme across all 3 slides? Close the story and theme of the presentation
- Update your Data Scientist portfolio
- Design your Data Scientist interview presentation first draft
Mock Data Scientist Presentation & Higher Quality Slides
- Each Data Scientist Member practices their Data Scientist presentation + receives feedback
- Ensure your presentation incorporates a Unique Selling Proposition
- Optimize the flow of slides according to length of presentation
- Incorporate suggestions from current Data Scientist presentations and prepare for live presentations in the Data Scientist private group
Live Data Scientist Presentation Training, Review, & Wrap Up
- Live stream of Data Scientist presentation to the DSS private group
- Personalized feedback in private – appropriate for Data Scientist audience, inflection, tone, personality, timed presentation, audio connection, looking at the camera
- Summary of Data Scientist Acceleration Key:
- What changed in your Data Scientist job search strategy/what’s changed to who you’re contacting?
- What challenges do you have?
- Wrap Up
The Data Scientist Acceleration Key Is Yours For The Taking
We’ve said a lot about the Data Scientist Acceleration Key membership. But the decision is ultimately yours. This is an opportunity to connect with the Data Scientist Consultants and the Cheeky Scientist Team in a way that you never have before. This is an opportunity to accelerate your Data Scientist transition. This is an opportunity to bring fresh insights to your job search.
Be sure you don’t simply understand the “what.” Be sure you give the “how” of landing a data science position your attention, too.
Double down on your transition with the Data Scientist Acceleration Key.