Enjoy A Lucrative Salary And High Personal Fulfillment As You Ensure The Safety And Credibility Of Clinical Trials
Introducing Clinical Research Career Library By Cheeky Scientist
Clinical Research Career Library
Take Action To Become A Diamond Member And Get Hired As A Clinical Research Professional!
Here’s What You Get Immediate Access To When You Become A Cheeky Scientist Association Diamond Member…
Reverse-Engineer Your Ideal Clinical Research Position With A Validated And Targeted Program
“The Clinical Research Career Library covers the most important aspects of how to break into the clinical research space in Industry and what to expect once in the role. The Clinical Research Career Library thoroughly describes the different roles in the clinical research space in Industry. It also covers the education that PhDs should highlight when applying for these roles, as well as a list of resources, including societies to join and courses to do to rise above other applicants.”
“The content of the Clinical Research Career Library is very clear. It does an excellent job of defining the roles that PhDs can pursue within the clinical research industry and the organizations that offer experience and validation. The program also has targeted materials that walk members through the hiring process and options for career progression for Clinical Research professionals. I believe this is great information for PhDs looking to transition into this industry.”
The Clinical Research Career Library Is Designed For PhDs Who Want To…
- Transition into a growing field that values professionals capable of conducting research, building relationships, and communicating with different parties.
- Leverage their transferable knowledge to improve clinical trial development and monitoring.
- Gain clarity on how to get into the Clinical Research field.
- Secure a position where you’re sought by recruiters offering high salaries.
- Learn the intricate details of the Clinical Research field, its different arms, and how PhDs can impact clinical development to benefit the public.
- Get familiar with the terminology and approaches commonly used by Clinical Research Professionals so you can impress future employers.
- Be part of a growing industry with a strong demand for qualified professionals with the right experience.
- Apply your analytical and scientific background to solve real-life problems.
- Learn what the clinical trial hiring process looks like and which foundations you should highlight.
Average Salary Of Clinical Research Professionals Worldwide
The Demand For Clinical Research Professionals Is High, And You Do Not Need Previous Clinical Experience To Get Hired. You Just Need Your PhD…
Your knowledge—or lack thereof—will play a key role in your Clinical Research job search.
You may have a PhD, and you may understand that breaking into the field doesn’t begin with resumes.
But you need to increase your clinical trial knowledge and good clinical practice knowledge and showcase specific understanding to convince employers you can design, advance, and coordinate clinical trials.
Even though demand for this position is high, you’ll need to master certain concepts to edge out your competitors and land your first industry position.
Clinical Research Industry Market Growth
“The Clinical Research Career Library is very informative, but still easy enough to understand so that every PhD who is currently considering pursuing a career in Clinical Research will find effective insights to guide their transition.”
“The materials in the Clinical Research Career Library provide a broad overview of Clinical Research and also highlight some key responsibilities of Clinical Research Associates and Clinical Research Scientist roles.”
- The clinical trials industry is projected to be valued at $70 billion by 2027, that is a compounded annual growth rate of 5.1% (CAGR).
- The average entry level salary for a Clinical Research associate is $55,000 and PhDs get paid on the higher side of the spectrum, over $70,000 (LinkedIn).
- The average entry level salary for a Clinical Research Scientist is $107,000 (bis.gov).
- The recent COVID-19 pandemic has boosted the number of clinical trials and the requirement for Clinical Research Professionals (WHO).
- The number of registered clinical trials has grown from less than 1,500 to over 300,000 in the last 20 years (clinicaltrials.gov).
If You’re A PhD Looking To Transition Into Industry, See If You Answer YES To These Questions…
- Do you want to improve the medical knowledge concerning diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases?
- Do you want to understand the details of clinical trials, how they are carried out, and who is involved in developing and managing a successful trial?
- Do you want to play an active role in ensuring the most effective medicines, equipment, and treatments to reach patients in need?
- Do you want to use your academic background to contribute to the clinical operations or the clinical development aspect of Clinical Research?
- Do you want to utilize your excellent communication, problem-solving, attention to detail, and collaborative abilities, to ensure that complex clinical trials stick to their protocol and produce reliable data?
- Do you want to have an industry job that is highly rewarding in terms of job satisfaction, security, and opportunities for career progression?
Clinical Research Professionals Form An Exclusive Group
Cheeky Scientist members earn great salaries, enjoy good job security and professional growth, and can have the opportunity to travel often.
But these are privileges that they’ve earned.
This group speaks their own language.
They know all the steps it takes to perform a clinical trial, from ideation to completion, and how to stay up-to-date on current regulations.
Clinical Research Professionals conduct and manage new clinical trials. They know how to interact with all the parties involved to ensure best practices and play an active role on whether a trial is successful or not.
If you want to increase your chances of becoming a Clinical Research Professional, you can’t apply for this position blindly.
You need detailed information on your future position. During a job search, you can’t afford to show that you don’t know what GCP or the ICH are. You can’t risk revealing that you don’t know the implications of not following the clinical trial protocol or what is the importance of site visits during a clinical trial.
To avoid blunders like these, you’ll want to have a thorough understanding of what a Clinical Research position entails and what the typical day for one looks like.
The Key Foundations Clinical Research Employers Are Looking For…
- Clinical Research Professionals have a background that empowers them to meet the unique challenges of their position. Your future employer is looking for these qualities. You’ll want an insider’s perspective on how to demonstrate that you have the abilities needed to excel in your Clinical Research position.
- Get familiar with specific terms and acronyms of the Clinical Research world. Clinical Research Professionals use different acronyms for important documents, processes, and agencies. To be successful, you’ll want to show that you recognize these terms, understand what they mean, and know why they are important.
Once You’re A Clinical Research Professional, You’ll Experience A Stunning Amount of Responsibility, Opportunities, And Professional Respect
When it comes to how you envision using your PhD education, you probably have several key qualities you’re looking for in a job: responsibility, professional respect, and personal autonomy…
Those are some of the reasons you’re attracted to a Clinical Research position, but here’s something that’s just as important:
These opportunities aren’t confined at playing an active role in shaping the Clinical Research market.
Becoming a Clinical Research Professional can also provide an incredible amount of financial opportunities.
If you’re currently conducting postdoc work, this can seem too good to be true…
After all, you’re used to earning a salary far beneath your education.
The median household income is $61,937 (U.S. Census Bureau).
But even though you have a PhD, you probably earn well below that figure.
The national average for postdoc positions is $48,759 (glassdoor).
But when you become a Clinical Research Professional, you will be among the most sought-after professionals in the development of new drugs or medical devices, with financial opportunities you’ve never known before.
PhDs enter the Clinical Research field earning salaries above $70,000. And don’t forget, this is only for entry-level positions.
Once you gain experience in Clinical Research, salaries can go up to $167,000 (bis.com).
Additionally, positions in the Clinical Research field offer some of the best job stability among PhD-level positions. Additionally, the COVID-19 pandemic has significantly increased remote working possibilities.
Once you become a Clinical Research Professional, you’ll have the opportunity to branch into other roles such as medical writer, regulatory affairs specialist, medical science liaison, and quality control manager, among others.
3 Important Reasons To Join The Association's Diamond Program
You Want To Play An Active Role In Improving The Medical Knowledge Concerning Diagnosis, Prevention, And Treatment Of Diseases.
Clinical Research Professionals are the ones in charge of making sure that safe and effective products reach the market by planning, carrying out, and overseeing clinical trials.
You Want To Personally See The Difference That Your Work Can Make.
When you’ve spent years in the lab, you may feel that there’s a disconnect between the work you do and the lives your work is supposed to change. As a Clinical Research Professional, your career will have a direct impact on society, and you’ll have the opportunity to change people’s lives by ensuring their safety during clinical trials.
You Want To Be Involved In The Operations Or The Clinical Development Aspect Of Clinical Research.
Clinical Research Professionals are involved in various aspects of clinical trials. As a PhD, you can help improve the overall landscape of healthcare by ensuring that relevant clinical trials are carried out and their results are credible.
The Clinical Research Career Library Can Pay For Itself In 3 Days Or Less.
A Position In Clinical Research Has You Earning Over $1,500 Per Week And Over $200 Per Day…
If joining the Association’s Diamond Program puts you in the field even one week sooner, the investment will have been worth it.
After that one payment, you’ll have access to all Cheeky Scientist materials, and once you secure your position, you can share your insights with other PhDs like you.
The Clinical Research Career Library Includes An Ongoing Board Validation To Ensure You Are Always Up-T0-Date As A Clinical Research Professional
The Clinical Research Career Library was created and is maintained by a board of Clinical Research professionals.
As such, each module includes a board-certified exam, and once you pass all exams, you will receive validation from our board.
The Clinical Research Career Library Mission
In the Clinical Research Career Library, we’re committed to supporting you on your journey to landing a top Clinical Research position by providing you with advanced, actionable strategies for success.
To do just that, we’ve provided extensive guidance from current Clinical Research Professionals, leading-edge resume templates, and guidance by an intimate group of practicing Clinical Research Professionals and other PhDs aspiring to the role.
We understand why you want to break into this industry.
You want to translate your specific knowledge into innovative clinical trials.
You want to help bring life-saving treatments to patients who need them.
But here’s the reality…
Just because this field is growing doesn’t mean it isn’t competitive.
Frankly, you’re going to need more than a cursory knowledge of the Clinical Research field to make the best impression on your future employer.
It’s our goal to help you do just that.
The information we’re providing—from in-depth videos to resumes—is laser-targeted for Clinical Research positions, and it’s exclusively for PhDs.
There are nuances to the Clinical Research roles that you will find nowhere else.
The Clinical Research Career Library was built by Clinical Research Professionals who are familiar with the role’s nuances. They can provide you with tools and advice on how best to secure the position.
As a Clinical Research Professional, your employer wants to know that you understand the importance of well-designed and carried-out clinical trials, understand the goals of the company or CRO that hires you, and can ensure that all parties involved in a trial follow good clinical practices.
You don’t need to pay thousands of dollars to receive an understanding of what your employer is looking for.
In the Clinical Research Career Library, we provide extensive mentoring and psonalized support. And our materials are specifically designed to help you showcase both your natural talents and your PhD expertise so you attract the attention of leading companies.
The Clinical Research Career Library Is A Private Group Of Practicing Clinical Research Professionals And PhDs Like You
Our exclusive group is private and provides a number of Clinical Research mentors, ensuring we can provide personalized guidance.
This career track is hyper-focused and the private group support prepares you for the unknowns of interviewing for a Clinical Research position.
In the private group, top Clinical Research Professionals currently working in industry are committed to providing a high level of service within this intimate community.
This means you’ll enjoy a high ratio of mentors to members.
You’ll appreciate how the Clinical Research Career Library is designed to provide personalized guidance and swift feedback.
Imagine Walking Into Your First Clinical Research Interview, But You Don’t Know…
- What GCP stands for or why this is relevant in the research field. This causes you to panic when you hear how often the term is used by the hiring manager during your interview.
- What is the role of Clinical Research Professionals at each step of the trial and after the trial’s completion, causing you to make statements that reveal you have little knowledge of the field.
- What questions would demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of the role you’re applying for, which means other—more prepared—candidates impress the company and edge you out of the job.
- The terms and vocabulary used during the on-site visit, which makes it difficult to articulate the value of your academic background and show that you would easily transition into the Clinical Research industry.
- Information about your day-to-day responsibilities, what a Clinical Research team looks like, and which documents you will be in charge of preparing. This causes you to ask questions during the interview that reveal you have only the most basic information on what your role will entail and what you’ll be expected to accomplish.
The Diamond Program Guarantees You Will Get Hired Into A Clinical Research Position No Matter Your PhD Background…
…The Clinical Research Career Library can translate your field of study into an industry position that puts you on the front lines of consulting firms working with leading enterprises across industries.
Your PhD has given you the academic foundation that’s critical for securing these jobs.
But the Clinical Research Career Library can help you prove that fact to employers.
We’ll give you information that’s uniquely relevant to Clinical Research – not regulatory affairs, medical science liaison, or any other position.
The result is intensive, concentrated content that reveals how to integrate your academic background, your transferable abilities, and your knowledge of the field into behaviors that will help you land a position.
When You Join The Association’s Diamond Program, You’re Joining A Program Designed Around Abilities That Helped Other PhDs Land Their Clinical Research Jobs
The Clinical Research Career Library was built on tried and true principles that other – current – Clinical Research Professionals used to land their positions.
The program is run by other PhDs who’ve landed positions in Clinical Research and know which abilities you’ll need to leverage to improve your chances of being hired.
On top of that, you’ll gain knowledge in the Clinical Research Career Library that PhDs just like you used to land their first Clinical Research position to bring clinical trials in different areas to fruition.
Now that these professionals have used their education to successfully transition into industry, they can look back on what helped them secure their Clinical Research job.
The Private Group Provides Targeted Support
Joining the Clinical Research Career Library team lets you tap into targeted support from the industry professionals who oversee the program and former students who’ve now landed industry positions.
In the privacy of the online group, you’ll be able to ask questions about your resume, gain insights into interview experiences from transitioned professionals, and interact with like-minded PhDs. That means you can engage in conversations on questions, topics, and challenges relevant to your desired position.
This group is also exclusive. Only Cheeky Scientist members can see and respond to the messages in the private group.
The exclusivity of the group allows you to freely share ideas with fellow PhDs, request referrals from other professionals, and get the advice you need when you encounter challenges.
You’ll get immediate access to a top industry professional network exclusively for PhDs once you join…
Here’s the Targeted Guidance You’ll Receive From The Clinical Research Career Library…
Clinical Research – An Overview
You know you want to be a Clinical Research Professional, but you aren’t completely sure of what the Clinical Research field entails and what kind of professionals work in it. This module covers…
- What Clinical Research is and what the role of a Clinical Research Professional encompasses. You’ll get insights on the importance of clinical trials and the roles that Clinical Research Professionals play in drug development.
- Who hires Clinical Research Professionals. This module shows in detail the types of companies that hire Clinical Research Professionals and the different work settings that Clinical Research Professionals can work in.
- The branches of the Clinical Research field. This module explores the different career branches that Clinical Research offers and how to succeed in each of them.
- Organizations that provide Clinical Research certifications. This module gives an overview of the different organizations that provide accredited certification courses that are internationally recognized.
Details Of The Role
You want to know what being a Clinical Research Professional looks like day to day and what the keys to success are in this position. This module covers…
- Earning potential and lifestyle. This module presents the salary expectations of Clinical Research Professionals working around the globe. It also explores the overall trends in the field and the lifestyle of Clinical Research Professionals working at career stages.
- What a day in the life of a Clinical Research Professional looks like. This module explores the main activities that Clinical Research Professionals must perform on a day-to-day basis. You will get insights into what it looks like to work as a Clinical Research Scientist vs. working as a Clinical Research Associate, so you can evaluate which branch of Clinical Research is the best fit for you.
- The most relevant abilities for Clinical Research Professionals. This module presents the most sought-after experience for Clinical Research Professionals, how you have acquired most of them during your PhD, and how to leverage them during the hiring process.
- Relevant terminology for Clinical Research Professionals. Every successful Clinical Research Professional must understand field-specific acronyms and get familiar with the terms. This module presents some of the most common terms used in Clinical Research and their relevance in an industry setting.
Clinical Research Hiring Process
When it comes to securing a job offer as a Clinical Research Professional, you can significantly improve your chances with the right techniques. This module covers….
- Some key strategies to build a network that will help you transition to the Clinical Research field. You’ll also gain critical insights into how to build a LinkedIn profile and resume that make you look like an experienced Clinical Research Professional.
- How to broaden your knowledge and experience as a Clinical Research Professional. Spending time learning about the most important concepts and trends in Clinical Research will show hiring managers that you have the mindset of a Clinical Research Professional. This module presents some of the most relevant resources and what they offer to their members.
- What the Clinical Research hiring process looks like, from phone screen to job offer. You’ll gain critical insights of the different types of interviews you can expect through the hiring process and some tips on how to negotiate your salary once you get a job offer.
- How to prepare to interview for a Clinical Research opening. Applying to Clinical Research positions requires preparation and good knowledge of the position. This module gives an overview of what questions to prepare for before the interview, and what questions to ask during the interview.
Career Progression In Clinical Research
Now that you have secured a position as a Clinical Research Professional, what next steps should you take to continue growing professionally and personally? This module covers…
- What to do during the onboarding process. This module explores how you should behave during the first few months to guarantee that you create meaningful relationships, are respected by your team, and yield long term results.
- What career progression looks like for Clinical Research Associates. This module presents what climbing the professional ladders looks like for Clinical Research Professionals in the operations branch.
- What career progression looks like for Clinical Research Scientists. This module presents what climbing the professional ladders looks like for Clinical Research Professionals in the development branch.
- What your future may hold once you gain Clinical Research experience. Understand the different career paths you can take once you have Clinical Research experience, either as a Clinical Research Associate or a Clinical Research Scientist. This module will help you understand the potential horizontal moves you can make and how they relate to your Clinical Research and PhD experience.
As Soon As You Join The Association’s Diamond Program, You Will Also Get Immediate Access To The Following…
- A complete guide that provides practical information on the CRA and CRS role and responsibilities, important industry topics, company culture, and more. You’ll enter the job search knowing exactly what you’re looking for and the expectations of your future employer.
- The Clinical Research Career Library describes what you’ll experience in a typical week – from designing the trials to communicating the results. Instead of entering your interview wondering what you don’t know, you’ll be prepared to ask important questions so you can determine if you’d accept a job offer from the company.
- Discover what kind of position would best suit your academic background and personal interests. Insider tips will help you make savvy decisions as you vie for a Clinical Research opening.
- Understand the make-or-break experience that’s essential for Clinical Research Professionals so you know how to effectively position yourself. Discover how to translate your natural attention to detail and your exceptional communication abilities into strategies to land you a position at your desired company.
- Detailed information on the difference between the operations or development branches of clinical research. You’ll understand the challenges that are at the heart of every clinical trial. With the Clinical Research Career Library you’ll gain knowledge that shows a potential employer that you’ve done your homework and you’re prepared for a successful transition into industry.
- Understand the role of Clinical Research Associates and Clinical Research Scientists, how to interact with different parties involved in clinical trials, how to provide scientific input to trial design, and how to write detailed clinical study protocols and case report forms.
- Gain important insight on the phases of clinical trials, your expected role in each phase, and the steps it takes to determine the safety and efficacy of a drug before authorizing it for market release. You’ll fully understand your role in developing successful clinical trials.
- Discover how to translate your knowledge of the Clinical Research field into questions that will impress your future company. The career library provides important advice to help you showcase your knowledge and passion for the field.
- Access to a private online group: an exclusive circle of Clinical Research Professionals and fellow PhDs where you can communicate about critical topics, request referrals, and ask for the input of other Clinical Research Professionals. Only Cheeky Scientist members are allowed access to this group.
- Gain guidance from practicing Clinical Research Professionals on your upcoming interview, your newly created resume, or your recent job offer. They’re in the field and can provide advice that’s targeted to your specific needs and questions.
- Enjoy meaningful conversations with other PhDs in the group to discuss the latest development in your job search, your current challenges, and more. Learn from PhDs who’ve made the transition and ask for referrals.
- Leverage the Clinical Research Career Library private group to find other Clinical Research Professionals or PhDs you can connect with. Find members by their name, location, educational background, or other characteristics to aid your job search.
- Comprehensive guidance that takes you from understanding the Clinical Research field to securing your first job. After laying a thorough foundation for your position, the Clinical Research Career Library will cover everything from networking to how to practice for your job interviews so you’re prepared for the hiring process.
- Over the course of four modules, you’ll enjoy information-packed workbooks, numerous in-depth videos from Clinical Research Professionals, and exams to help you cement the concepts covered. The career library is a crash course on what you need to know to improve your chances of securing a position.
- Discover effective techniques for successfully pinpointing the best companies, targeting your resume for Clinical Research positions, conducting informational interviews, and more. The Clinical Research Career Library will show you how to tailor your job search for an offer in Clinical Research.
- Discover the career options available to Clinical Research Professionals. With the career library, you’ll be able to look ahead to the future opportunities your new position may create.
- What you need to know about communication as a Clinical Research Professional, no matter your level of extraversion. The Clinical Research Career Library will underscore the communication techniques that will make a positive impression on your future company and will uniquely qualify you for the role.
- Gain critical insights into the foundations needed to successfully transition from your postdoc work to a life as a Clinical Research Professional. The career library will show you how to showcase the abilities that will get you hired.
- Discover what hiring managers are looking for during interviews. With the Clinical Research Career Library, you’ll get important tips for how to behave so you distinguish yourself from other candidates.
- Extensive mentoring resources that help you learn in a variety of ways about the Clinical Research field.
- The Clinical Research Career Library provides instant access to an extensive video library from Clinical Research Professionals. You’ll also gain workbooks, video transcripts, and resume templates for Clinical Research positions.
- The end of each module provides an exam to solidify the concepts you’ve learned. The Clinical Research Career Library will also provide monthly webinars on important topics relevant to your job search in Clinical Research.
As A PhD, You Can Transition Into A Clinical Research Role
You earned your PhD with knowledge and hard work.
Achieving a position in Clinical Research is no different.
You have the work ethic to make this happen.
You simply need targeted, laser-focused knowledge of the position.
We’re here to decrease your learning curve.
And our goal is the same as yours: securing that Clinical Research job.
We’ve done it.
We’ve helped other PhDs do it.
And you can do it too.
We’re inviting you to join the Association’s Diamond Program.
Now is the time to close the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
You Only Want To Do Exploratory Research
More than likely, you went to school with this person.
This person enjoyed basic research and was more than happy to spend the majority of each day at the bench with his or her recent experiment as a company. However, they never really thought about the applications of their research.
Becoming a Clinical Research Professional is about implementing and overseeing experiments performed in the human population. These experiments have a clear purpose, to get a new therapy approved and commercialized.
The Clinical Research Career Library is designed for PhDs who enjoy seeing firsthand the impact that their research can have in the world and that are willing to interact directly with the population that will benefit from their trials.
You Don’t Like To Follow Rules
You like to break boundaries and innovate at any cost. You feel like rules and regulations obstruct your creative process and feel trapped when you have to follow them.
Clinical Research Professionals are in charge of conducting important clinical trials and ensuring that all aspects of those trials comply with good clinical practice, the trial protocol, and local regulations.
If you feel that rules were made to break them and they serve no clear purpose, then the Clinical Research Career Library is not for you.
The Clinical Research Career Library is for PhDs who understand that complying with regulations, good practices, and recommendations is the best way to attain results that are beneficial for everyone.
You Don’t Want To Interact With Other People.
This person likes to do experiments or build models, but doesn’t like to present their results or to interact with other lab colleagues or their PI.
Clinical Research Professionals must interact with and mediate among, clinical professionals at the trial site, trial participants, professionals working in regulatory agencies, and stakeholders.
If you like to produce results, but don’t enjoy presenting or discussing those results with others. Then, the Clinical Research Career Library is not for you.
The Clinical Research Career Library is designed for PhDs who enjoy both science and human interaction.
Get Access To The Clinical Research Mentoring Program & Network
If you’re determined to be a Clinical Research Professional and you’ve chosen the Clinical Research Career Library to make that happen, we’d like to welcome you.
As practicing Clinical Research Professionals who oversee the Clinical Research Career Library at the Cheeky Scientist Association, we know firsthand the challenges you face, the questions you have, and the information you’ll need to succeed.
We’re ready to empower you to make the transition, and we hope to meet you in the private group soon.
To your success,
The Clinical Research Professionals at the Cheeky Scientist Association
Monika Vinish, PhD
CRA II at Citeos Health
Melisa Soland, PhD
CRA at PPD
Nilesh Bokil, PhD
CRS at Nanosonics Ltd
Supraja Narasimhan, PhD
Senior CRS at Karyopharm Therapeutics
Klaus Kaiser, PhD
CRA at IQVIA
Bibhudatta Mishra, PhD
Senior Clinical Trial Scientist at John Hopkins Medicine
Maria Castillo, PhD
Clinical Specialist at Wesley Medical Research
CMA (Central Monitoring Associate) at PRA Health Sciences